1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just got demoted

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by exmediahack, Sep 18, 2009.

1. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

How about one that hired you as a certain position, you work that position for almost two years and then they decide to change your job and title, and of course, pay you a dollar less per hour for practically doing the same tasks as before? or even better, that dollar is going right back into the company's pocket, not helping your co-workers anyway.

2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Oh, it's not easy. I don't trust anyone where I work now, I despise the new hours and have to keep my yap shut.

Yet I take a delightful satisfaction in that they're paying me 25-30k more than my replacement -- and I now I am 'below' that person.

Of course, it's just temporary -- they'll get rid of me in a few months -- but, I'm trying to put it in a positive light. Said to myself today, "hey, doctors have to work Sundays, too". Gotta play mind games with yourself sometimes. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted