1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just got back from seeing an SJ.com favorite...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bob Cook, Sep 9, 2007.

1. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

[​IMG]

Not only were they great, but in a stunning upset, there were women in the crowd.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Glad you enjoyed it. More than two months ago, and it's still with me.

Still got it don't they, Bob?

3. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

I have no idea who those people are.

... until I looked at the properties of that photo.

Sorry Sam_Mills.
    :)

4. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I'd say watching these guys perform a 3-hour, energetic show, and realizing they're in their mid-50s doing it night after night, is as impressive an athletic feat as anything I've seen lately.

Capsule of the show: lots of stuff from the new album, a few obvious favorites (with "Tom Sawyer" introduced by a South Park clip of Cartman messing up the song), and a lot of deep, deep cuts -- "Circumstances," "Digital Man," "Entre Nous" and "Witch Hunt," for starters. Though I know they played "Witch Hunt" in a recent tour. Rush exists now as the world's most popular cult band.

5. Editude

Editude Active Member

First concert, late 70s, junior high. Jams and more jams, before they got (relatively) poppy in the early 80s.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I was pleased with the show, as well. The intro to "Tom Sawyer" was as good as any way I've seen to keep some fun in something that everyone knew was coming.

"Digital Man," "Entre Nous," "Natural Science" and "Witch Hunt" were great deep cuts.

I think the comments about their ability to still be fresh, energetic, musical and ANYTHING but a caricature of themselves is the ultimate tribute. Long live Rush. (Hi, Sxy!)

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Ha! I did the same thing.

Although, I admit to being obsessed with Moving Pictures in junior high.

8. pallister

pallister Guest

I wouldn't recognize Lifeson and Peart without Geddy Lee, even though I saw them two months ago. I'll add to the praise. It's amazing they're still so damn good 30-plus years later.

Draft saved Draft deleted