1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just got a little dusty in here....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

Say what you want about some a lot of the cheesy stuff ESPN puts out, but Tom Friend does a hell of a job with this.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=090925/aunese

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

OK, I'm halfway through it, and really like it. Gotta finish it later.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Saw the piece on SC earlier this week.

Will have to read this later tonight.

4. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Story was well done... and the arc, as the full-circle theme suggests, is downright remarkable.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's an amazing story.

What I want to know, and maybe some of the SEC writers can help with this... Is T.C. McCartney a legit DI college quarterback? I know he's a walk-on, but that could be because his rich grandpa is paying his tuition and didn't want to take a scholarship from his good buddy Les Miles. Does anyone think he'll ever play/start for LSU?

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Since he's consistently been third or fourth on the depth chart, no.

Legit D1? Maybe. SEC? No.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That's what I figured. He'd probably be the starter if he'd gone to his father's horseshit alma mater.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

You apparently didn't watch and/or read the story.

He was set to go to his father's "horseshit" alma mater until the coaching change. Then he was looking at smaller schools until Les Miles came through. I won't explain Les Miles' connection if you didn't read the story.

9. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Good damn fricken' story. Wow.

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

As usual, that doesn't have to stop Mizzou from thinking he's an expert on the subject matter. ::)

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Ripping on other posters aside, I just thought it was way too long a story for practically no payoff at the end. We do all that reading to find out he isn't good enough to get in the game but he saw a rainbow in Seattle.

Rainbows in Seattle aren't exactly rare occurrences that make me think there was some divine intervention going on. I get the impression Friend was looking for some glorious ending but had to settle for that. And that the end was such a small payoff, it just didn't seem worth reading the other 200 or whatever inches.

12. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

You suck at groupthink, o_t.

Draft saved Draft deleted