1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just give me all the bacon and eggs you have

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I worry what you just heard was, "Give me a lot of bacon and eggs."

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

http://vimeo.com/43370815

And my favorite:

3. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Gimme all your bacon. All your hugs and kisses, too.

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

My favorite Ron Swanson clip:

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Hahah that was great.

This was one of my favorite episodes, for these two scenes.

6. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

It's amazing how he steals a scene with such a brief line. Tom Haverford is great in that scene, and even Ann Perkins has a rare moment of levity. But that scene is all Ron Swanson. "Son, people can see you!"

That he wasn't even nominated for best supporting actor in a comedy series proves what a crock of shit the Emmy Awards are.

7. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Nick Offerman in a great Q & A with the AV Club:

http://www.avclub.com/articles/nick-offerman-on-parks-and-recreation-kabuki-and-f,82589/

8. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Seriously. I like Modern Family and all, but all four guys from that show and no Nick Offerman?

9. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Nick Offerman did an amazing Reddit Ask Me Anything. Here are a few of the many incredible quotes:

On how he differs from Ron Swanson: I wouldn't call it drastic, but my penis is 5/8" larger than Ron's, in both length AND breadth, but it is held that he wields his with greater aplomb.

On his favorite thing about Adam Scott: His sweet, gumdrop caboose.

On Aubrey Plaza: I will never defeat Aubrey in any contest, because, quite simply, she employs black magicks in her combat, which some would call unfair or "morally bankrupt", but I would never cast such a aspersion, for fear of her macabre retribution. Aubrey is kin to the Black Goat Mother of a Thousand Young, yea, she has known the spoor of Shub-Niggurath, and upon the black midnight of her birth, every blossom of the pretty little Gilly flowers perished all across Trafalgar Square. Up jumped the Devil, and off they crept. In short, she is League with Lucifer, but I really respect her work.

On his morning routine: I awaken. I consume oxygen, then bacon, eggs and black coffee, then my wife, then bacon.
    I love to paddle my own canoe, and also wife. Best while staring at the leaves of the maple or sycamore.

On why Parks and Recreation hates librarians: Libraries are horrible and the people who work in them, with the exception of Shirley Jones, are the scum of the earth. Book-peddling, cum-belching street whores. Is, I think, the reason.

10. wedgewood

wedgewood Member

I have to start watching this show from the beginning. Crappy week and I needed the laughs. Thanks, guys.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The Swanson line this season that just killed me was when he went to Home Depot to get stuff to fix up the house on the night of the Halloween party and the employee approached him and Swanson barked, "I KNOW MORE THAN YOU!"

Awesome line... Awesome show. Grossly underappreciated.

12. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

Hahaha. That's great. Thanks for pointing it out.

Draft saved Draft deleted