1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just Freaking Tragic

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zeke12, Apr 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

http://www.argusleader.com/article/20090409/UPDATES/90409039

Drunk college senior walks home from the bar, only he tries to get in to a house two doors down from his own.

Altercation with 28-year-old resident ensues, and the college senior is shot and killed.

Just impossible to imagine.

2. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Awful story. I'm sure that resident isn't going to be able to sleep well for a long time.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I had a buddy in college who had a frozen pizza in the oven before he realized he was in the wrong house.

It's bone chilling how many people this could have happened to at one point in their lives -- myself included.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Friend of mine in college went back to the dorm when he was a freshman, drunk off his keister.

Walked into a dorm room. Climbed up the loft and laid down ... another dude was there. Friend of course gets all agitated and screams at the dude to get out of his bed. Dude was like, uh, this is my bed dumbass.

Of course friend had stumbled into the wrong room.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

In college, two girls puked in our bathroom.

They had no idea they were in the wrong apartment until I came in screaming "what the fuck are you doing?"

Ended up being the girls from a few doors down. They made us some cookies the next day.

6. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

It's a very frightening realization that comes to you after reading that story because, one way or another, that's happened and happens to many college students - especially those drinking.

I remember several years ago, I was out with friends and got a bit too drunk. I got separated and ended up at a party where I knew nobody. I wasn't involved in any hostile situations, but it's a scary thought of what could have happened.

7. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Does anything good ever happen from getting that drunk?

Sad.

8. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

High school coach, who was a friend of mine as well, got drunk and stumbled around the small town he lived in. Ended up in the bedroom of an elderly couple, who of course called the cops. He was fired immediately, although he did end up getting a job a few years later. But he also blew his greatest professional opportunity as the program was loaded: the assistant who took over went on to win three state titles in the next four years.

And, of course, some classy, enlightening back and forth in the comments on the paper's website.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I know, right?

As though the story itself isn't enough to have you questioning much of humanity.

10. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I got hammered once and I tried for about 10 minutes to unlock the wrong apartment with my key. Nobody ever came, though I wonder if they were waiting on the other side with a shotgun pointed at me.

I also, twice, had guys walk into my townhouse when I was living in a college town. The first time, my wife and I were upstairs, and we heard the door open for a second, and then shut. I went downstairs with a 5-iron but nobody was there.

About 6 months later, 2 a.m., I'm eating Taco Bell in my living room, a guy opens the door, takes a step inside, and our eyes make contact. He froze, said "sorry" and hauled ass out of there.

It didn't bother me except that my wife was living there too. We got good at locking our front door as soon as we got in the house.

11. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

OK, that made me laugh and I have to ask: Do you know of incidents like this involving students who were sober? They just wandered into the wrong house after too much studying calculus?

12. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.