1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just because it's Valentine's Day ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CentralIllinoisan, Feb 14, 2010.

1. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

In honor of Valentine's Day, I have unearthed this e-mail my wife sent to me on March 24, 2000. It shows you some of the many reasons I fell in love with her.

To all of you reading this, know that having someone special helps make life's ills seem small time -- for love is all around no matter how much the world beats you up.

-- CI

Subject: hey you
    Sent: Fri 3/24/00 6:18 PM
    To: Wes

Wes,

We just got of the phone, and I can’t wait to talk to you again. I just want to be with you every minute. Even though I will miss you next to me tonight, absence makes the heart grow fonder. And my heart is completely fond of you. I cannot explain how wonderful you make me feel. I feel like sunshine is beaming off of me. I know we have only been together for such a short time, but I feel emotionally, intellectually, and physically close to you. We fit together so perfectly. ... I've started to fall in love with you. It overwhelms me to think how great this is going to be, you and me.

Melinda

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

She just wanted to be sure she could still Murphy. :D

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

You'd better hope that's not an active e-mail account for either of you any more. Never rely on the goodwill of people here. :D

4. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Wait, she sent the same e-mail to me! (Told ya you couldn't trust us.)

That's a sweet e-mail. I'm not much of a V-Day celebrator myself but I totally respect people that are devoted like this.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

10 years later, it's

Subject: hey you
    Sent: Fri 3/24/00 6:18 PM
    To: Wes
    Put the damn toilet seat down. I'm sick of my ass getting wet when you miss.

6. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Holy crap (or piss?) is that funny.

7. HC

HC Well-Known Member

CI ... yup.

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Slap, Trey, he deleted the email addresses in his original post. You guys might want to do that in those you posted.

9. CentralIllinoisan

huh?

10. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Sorry .. a pathetic attempt at solidarity. :D

11. CentralIllinoisan

No problem. Thought I was missing something.

12. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Dread Valentine's Day...especially lately. Constantly a crummy Return on Investment for me.

For this year, congrats to Mrs. Ex for completing the Tiger Slam of Marriage!

No luvin' on V-Day, my birthday, her birthday or the anniversary. The four majors. The free spaces on the Bingo Card of Marriage.

I should win a new, extended list of errands to run on a platinum tablet!

Draft saved Draft deleted