1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just be sure your son likes your new girlfriend...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dooley_womack1, Feb 22, 2009.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

A way to document when you eat Heath bars and how many you eat. Duh

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

These days, the savvy candy consumer is a Heath Tweeter.

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

No I know he is the actor from the Gay Cowboy movie -- I just can't quite figure out what the hell he has to do with this thread.

An honest question -- Isn't he dead from like suicide or am I getting his story mixed up with Owen Wilson?

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

He died of "like" a drug overdose, but they were all legal and it was an accidental overdose. And he was also one of the most talented actors of my generation.

And it's not relevant to this conversation. You should have known that by the fact Boom was the one who mentioned it.

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Actually, I was the one who mentioned it. Just seemed incredible that someone could be so insensitive and offensive about Ledger's parents supporting their dead son, and then call someone else an idiot for being allegedly insensitive and offensive.

6. imjustagirl

I meant the actual post that zag replied to.

Point is, Boom's post mentioned the Oscar thread, so I figured zag could go find it if he REALLY cared why it was being brought up.

Otherwise, referring to it as "the actor from the gay cowboy movie" is below even what I expected from zag.

7. markvid

markvid Guest

Excuse me, but I was referring to the hero worship over Heath, not his parents. They stood by while he abused drugs, but hey, they want to pretend all is well now, fine.
    Awww....21 defending the "bf". How quaint.

8. imjustagirl

To be fair...

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Boy skidmark you are awful defensive. Were you abused as a child?

10. markvid

markvid Guest

Well, God forbid, I like to make sure the facts are clear and correct.

11. markvid

markvid Guest

Right, and I still stand by it - I don't dispute their right to go honor him, but I will not join in the lamenting and mourning.

12. imjustagirl

No one asked you to join in. What people asked was that you not be such a condescending ass about how his parents chose to honor him. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted