1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just be sure your son likes your new girlfriend...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dooley_womack1, Feb 22, 2009.

1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Here's a thought: Eleven-year-old kids shouldn't be allowed near guns, let alone own one.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

But its Western PA where guns are part ot the culture. How could be forget that heartwarming story of a few months ago of a boy dying of brain cancer bagging a few deer.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

My point exactly. We need to ween these kids off their damn guns and religion. They've become altogether too clingy and dependent on those things. Time to grow up.

4. markvid

markvid Guest

Actually, Cran, that was another attempt by Boom to bait me.
    I find it interesting that things he does around here regularly that gets people banned from here gets looked the other way.
    Different rules for different people.

The knee pads need to come off.

5. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Then he should be eligible for payroll when he is 33 -- after he serves the 25 in the "25-to-life" sentences we hand out for murderers.

This wasn't an accidental shooting.

6. Boom_70

Hey skidmark go back and look at thread sequence. You fired the first shot. I have every right to respond.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Boom does have a tendency to bait people at times. So why do you let him get to you?

8. Boom_70

Again skidmark did the baiting here. I just responded to his cheap shot.

9. markvid

markvid Guest

And again, let's do a poll and see how many people think you actually contribute to this place.
    Bet the results would be a nice eye-opener to you.

And in case you hadn't noticed, you still are defelcting the fact your original post was as bad as anything ever posted here.

10. Boom_70

Go ahead and do a survey. I doubt that the results would be an eye opener to me. I post for my own entertainment. What the rest of SJ thinks about my work is immaterial to how I post.

If you want to talk about tasteless go have a look on the Oscar thread and your posts on Heath Ledger.

11. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

What the hell is a Heath Ledger and how is it relevant to this discussion?

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Really?

Draft saved Draft deleted