1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just awful..Girl disemboweled in pool

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by boots, Jul 5, 2007.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Simply terrible. RIP to a tough little girl.

2. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Damn. Just damn.

3. This is awful.

RIP.

4. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

Ugh. What a horrible story and a tragic ending.

May she RIP and her family find a bit of their own. I can't even imagine what they've gone through and will continue to go through.

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

i have real tears streaming down my face as i type this. how awful this must be for the parents. all of our worst nightmares. :'( :'( :'(

r.i.p., little angel.

my youngest, who's 13, just left to go to a friend's house. he asked why i was crying. told him i'd tell him when he comes home -- and that he'd better come home safe and sound. kiss and a loooong hug helped.

6. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I was going to wonder who chazp'd this thread. Then I saw the update.

This is incredibly sad. RIP to a brave, brave little girl. Her family must be going through Hell.

7. markvid

markvid Guest

Too short of a life, but that's no way to live.
    She's at peace, that's the positive.

8. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

You and I are more peas in a pod than you might imagine.

9. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

I heard this story driving into work today and slammed my hand down on the steering wheel. It still hurts.

But not nearly as much as the pain this family went -- and continues to go -- through. As the father of a fearless 9-year-old girl who has never met a challenge that fazed her, I can't fathom what this family is dealing with now.

Like markvid, I trust this little doll is finally at peace and pain-free. :'( That's the only solace to come from this horrible story.

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

i soooo wish i could believe that, but i don't. dead is dead. i sure would like to be wrong, though. :'( :'( :'(

aside to simon: i don't doubt for a sec i would be friends with many SportsJournalists.com peeps. even those i may occasionally disagree with. it's one of the reasons i cherish this place.

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

There's a short story a lot like this in Chuck Palahniuk's Haunted.

12. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

When I saw this thread dredged back up my first thought was, 'Don't tell me there was an even worse twist to this story.'

Dammit.

What a poor little girl. My thoughts go out to her family.

Draft saved Draft deleted