1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just another reason to love the musical stylings of Darius Rucker

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RedSmithClone, Aug 24, 2008.

1. I Digress

I Digress Guest

I love HABF and especially Darius.. always have and will.... not sure about country, but I like this song...He is really good in person....You have to hear him do 'Amazing Grace' a capella.. it gives me goose bumps.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Charley Pride disagrees with that opinion.

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Count me in the fan column.
    It wasn't the band's fault that radio stations played the ever loving crap out of Hootie and the Blowfish.
    Their job was to make popular music, and that's what they did.
    I still think Smattered, Smothered and Covered is one of best albums made in the last 10 years. Just terrific. Really showed the band's roots as a college cover band.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Time, why you punish me?

5. agateguy

agateguy Member

Rucker sounds as good as any other male singer in country music today. There are way too few people of color in country music, and on that account alone I hope Rucker breaks thru.

The problem is the song, which sounds like other song in country music today. Everything coming out of NashVegas is the same homogenized crap. If I want "pop", I'll listen to the Hot AC station. If I want real country music, I have to go to Pandora or Sirius.

Draft saved Draft deleted