1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just another reason to love the musical stylings of Darius Rucker

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RedSmithClone, Aug 24, 2008.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I forgot all about that one.. nice pull.

2. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Don't know about the solo country stuff, but there's a quality about Rucker's voice that I've always loved. Hootie's best stuff on Cracked Rear View wasn't the three songs that put them on the map. Albums since then haven't been as strong overall, but there are still 2-3 really quality cuts on each of them.

Besides that, he did the Bacon Cheddar Ranch commercial with a shit-eating, I-don't-give-a-fuck-if-I-am-singing-about-a-chicken-sandwich,-I'm-getting-paid grin... and well, I'm a fan.

3. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

YES!!!!!

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I've always enjoyed HABF's Scattered, Smothered and Covered album.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

yup. exactly what he said.

6. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

Yeah, Darius Rucker will never be a country star. Why? Take a look.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

About the only Hootie song I liked was The Old Man and Me, off Fairweather Johnson. At one time, Hootie was on Tonight Show Records.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Seriously?

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

To which part?

10. Seahawk

Seahawk Member

Before the Simpsons, I'd heard a different version of that joke in a stand-up routine (can't remember who). he guy was talking about seeing a John Denver cassette in the 99-cent bin at the store. Right next to it was a blank-tape bin for $2.99. Joke was that John Denver could make more money if he would shut the f___ up.

It was a while ago, but the joke made me laugh.

11. I'm such a baby, even dolphins make me cry.

And I thought Darius Rucker's career peaked with those Burker King commercials.

12. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I liked Hootie and the Blowfish but I always found Rucker to be a very limited singer - both in vocally and emotionally. After a while, everything he sings sounds the same to me.

Draft saved Draft deleted