1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jussie's attackers: Nigerian brothers

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

If it turns out the letter was faked and part of it too, I wonder if the Feds might consider throwing in some mail fraud charges.

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

As soon as they claimed one of the attackers said, “this is MAGA country” I knew it was bullshit and said so to several people.

Dog8Cats likes this.
  3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

The noose and bleach did it for me. Like he got attacked by a goddamn prop comic. Gallagher and Carrot Top assaulted him.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

In minus-30 degree weather, to boot. Can you even bend a rope or pour bleach in such conditions?

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Bleach freezes around -4 degrees. Of course, these rocket scientists could have been indoors or kept it heated until they decided to "attack."

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I thought it froze around 18-19 degrees.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

You would think something so simple would be an easy Google search away, but it brings up several different answers. I think it depends on the concentration. You might be right that 18-19 degrees is it. I see one page that says that for household bleach.
    Another one I saw was an MSDS sheet for bleach that said -20 Celsius (-4 Fahrenheit). That's the one I went with to be safe, since it was lower, but it might also be for a more industrial strength concentration of bleach.

8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Plus, it’s hard as hell to follow because it is so large being the catch all thread, combined with tawdry posts that are downright awful.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

So this exonerates the students? Anyone can do an investigation. Let's be smarter than just accepting the conclusion, what was the substance of the investigation?
    This is totally one-sided investigation. Neither the student at the heart of the controversy, you know the one who is staring directly at the peaceful Native American drummer, nor the drummer was interviewed.
    The Diocese had every motivation to issue this report, what would you expect when you're staring at potential liability? This is nothing but a advocacy report.

Does every defense expert report exonerate the defendant? That's what we have here.

The key student says he was a "peacemaker"; does a peacemaker stare directly at one party? Is he doing anything to retrain the students? One of my fav quotes from someone I cannot recall was "don't insult my intelligence"; well this position does.

Back to Smollet, there's a huge leap going on where two people are released and its already a hoax? I urge everyone to look up "Vallejo Kidnapping"; the initial story looked pretty fishy and the police chief came out on camera and said it was a hoax, well turned out it was for real. What's the rush to reach a conclusion?

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

The GMA interview bugged me in part because so much of it centered on countering disbelievers in his story. The interview was a kind of "the fact that people don't believe me underlines why there's such a problem" riff.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

You're going to cling with all your life to Smollet's lies, aren't you.
    And numerous other outlets examined the video in the Covington Catholic case and concluded the initial narrative was way off course.

Draft saved Draft deleted