1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jurassic Bark Alert (Futurama)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by farmerjerome, Sep 13, 2006.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Damnit Mystery Meat!!!

I just changed the channel to Family Guy and was reminded I saw Futurama last night. And that song and that scene are really sticking in my head. Just the simple unconditional loyal love the poor dog exhibited...sniff.

(Welcome back Toum!)

2. pallister

pallister Guest

Did anyone ever the Family Ties episode where Mallory's boyfriend Nick's dog was hit by a car and killed? I was crying for 10 minutes after the show ended.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

Actually, I believe the dog was put down after it was taken to the vet, which provided some heart-wrenching scenes that dragged out the evenutal agony of learning the dog died.

Damn, why did I have to click on this thread?

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

None of the above-mentioned compare to Sandy biting it on Growing Pains.

Lulled you into thinking he was ok, he and Carol swear to never drive drunk again...and then they get home and Mike tells them Sandy died of internal bleeding.

That scene of her punching Mike because she thinks he's kidding still sticks with me.

"What about Sandy? What about his second chance?"

My mom was typing a research paper for me (hey! it was 1989, we didn't have a computer and I typed really fast but with no accuracy, but I did all the work) as my sister and I watched the show. The house was SILENT during those final scenes. And we wouldn't look at each other, because none of us wanted the others to see we were crying.

Hmmm. I smell a new thread.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

I can handle people dying easier than dogs dying. But that's just me.

Oddly enough, the paper I work at had stories yesterday on the front and Local cover about dogs who were killed. Sucked.

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

That episode is on in 30 minutes.

Draft saved Draft deleted