1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Junkin'

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by novelist_wannabe, Jun 25, 2006.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

So I'm at a flea market with Mrs. Wannabe, because she enjoys this sort of thing, and we're looking at piles upon piles of DVD and VHS movies on top of all these wire spools-turned-tables, and it occurs to me to ask: Honey, you ever wonder how much of this stuff is hot? She just laughed. We walk a few more steps till we get to where we're out of earshot of anyone else there, and she says, "That's one of those don't ask, don't tell things." It's just unfathomable to me that all of this stuff would be legit. Anybody ever heard of one of these places being raided or any reporting on where merchandise at these places come from?

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Most of it "fell off the back of a truck."

3. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

Makes you wonder about all the great deals you can get on eBay, too.

4. joe

joe Active Member

That's why the 12-gauge stays loaded.

5. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Well, it sort of was ...

One booth we went into they had three shotgots sitting out for sale. Guy running the booth was 84 years old and started talking about Hawaii emergency issue currency. Anyway, I couldn't help but wonder if there was gonig to be a waiting period for someone to buy those guns.

My wife sees bargains galore at places like that. My head is filled with questions and delusions of being arrested for theft by receiving or conversion or something.

Draft saved Draft deleted