1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

June Jones resigns

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Jan 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

He's been at Hawaii a while. While it must be cool to live in paradise, I'd imagine the walls would start to close in after a while. The islands are only so big.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Have you seen the bottom of CUSA lately?

The WAC isn't the best mid-major football conference. That's the Mountain West (which would see better rankings if it had a better TV deal), but it's much, much, much better than CUSA right now.

3. Mr. Homer

Mr. Homer Member

You're right, the WAC has three teams (Idaho, Utah State and New Mexico State) that should be I-AA, but C-USA has like seven teams that are just as bad. If you take the top three or four, the WAC is better. But who cares, JJ will win five games next season with SMU and prove my point.

Both leagues are a joke, I'm just saying C-USA is slightly more of one.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Problem is, the MWC won't get a better deal. The conference ripped a page out of the Big Ten template and pieced together a cable channel called "The Mtn." available on Comcast outlets.

5. sportschick

Oh, I know that, and the Big (11) was second. The mtn has been around for a lot longer.

6. Mr. Homer

Mr. Homer Member

Does it too replay one show 10 times a day like the Big Ten Channel?

7. sportschick

Yea, it's dreck.

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

SMU is where coaching careers go to die.

I'll bet he winds up somewhere as an NFL assistant, probably a QB coach. Hey, he's in Dallas and it looks like the Cowboys might have to replace Jason Garrett ...

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

A few of us might do better as talking heads. Seriously ...

10. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

At least the AP has finally picked up the Advertiser story.

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

How the fuck has a thread about June Jones going to SMU reached three pages in two hours?

12. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

I know this is a limited sample, but the dominant programs over the past several years in the WAC (Boise) and MWC (BYU) were both defeated by CUSA teams this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.