1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Junck gets another big bonus; P-D employee quits in disgust

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SportsGuyBCK, Apr 23, 2014.

1. SportsGuyBCK

SportsGuyBCK Active Member

Found this on JimRomenesko.com ... took guts by this guy to do what he did ...

http://jimromenesko.com/2014/04/23/st-louis-post-dispatch-carpenter-quits-over-lee-enterprises-ceos-700000-bonus/

2. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

As a Lee employee, I applaud him. Would love to do the same, but it looks like the company will be making that decision for me in a couple of months.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The P-D's column. I applaud the bosses for letting it run.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/columns/bill-mcclellan/mcclellan-a-carpenter-has-the-making-of-a-folk-hero/article_4e67cbeb-79a8-573e-9779-912751a45975.html

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

If only she got her taxes reduced, I'm sure she'd be more than willing to forgo that bonus for raises for her employees.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

Newspapers have carpenters?

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

7. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

I would applaud him if it wasn't for the fact that Junck doesn't give a fuck.

8. This.
    And prolly saved more money - since they can hire a new, younger guy, cheaper.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The difference between a newsroom "carpenter" (whatever that is) and any other newsroom employee is that a carpenter has job skills for the company across the street.

10. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

Yeah, it's like the time in high school that I threw a hissy fit and decided I wasn't going to go to Six Flags with two of my friends. They shrugged their shoulders, went without me and had a grand time.

He didn't take his ball and go home, he just went home while Junck kept her ball.

11. Our place had a carpenter. Two actually, one who works part-time.
    We had a janitor, but our carpenters did a lot of maintenance, upkeep, renovations and such.

12. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

She should just shorten her last name to Junk.

Draft saved Draft deleted