1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

jumpin' jebus.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Starman, Aug 20, 2006.

1. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

That might have ben slightly overly COCKDIAN. I had problems reading it. Wait, I guess that means it was perfect then.

2. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I wonder if there are any college basketball coaches stopping by Williamsport to wish this kid luck this week.

3. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Or the circus......

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Especially when the town is Dhahran, Saudi Arabia. Saudi Aramco doesn't provide a high school for dependent children of its foreign employees. In a year or two, he'll have to leave to further his education.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I would think he should steal a lot of bases. I know 6-8 kids aren't generally fast, but he only needs two strides to cover those 60-feet basepaths.

6. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Depends on if he's adjusted well to his new body. God knows I was pretty akward trying to go from 5-8 to 6-foot in a short span as a kid. I can't even fathom 6-5 to 6-8 for a 13 year old.

7. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I'm watching the game right now and he just got walked. I wanted to see his base running but the manager took him out(damnit).

8. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

How about football coaches? If the kid can move at all, he could have a future as a defensive end.

9. grrlhack

grrlhack Member

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

WTF?? I never wrote that.

11. grrlhack

grrlhack Member

No, I think I cut out what you actually wrote, but it didn't cut out the "coffeeman" part of it. Sorry.

Draft saved Draft deleted