1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

July 23rd, 2007 - It's a great day Steeler fans

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Jul 23, 2007.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The Steelers are one season removed from going on an amazing win streak. This is still pretty much the same team sans Bettis, El and Porter.

The offensive line is weaker, and it does scare me.

I have to believe that the coaching staff is not as strong as it was two years ago. Not a slight against Tomlin, but there are a lot of new faces. Anyone can do a better job than what Cowher did last season, though.

Ben will be better just for the fact that he is staying out of the emergency room (knock on wood).

The WR group is better than it was during Super Bowl XL. Holmes seems like a real player. Hines is older, but Miller is better as well.

RBs are a little weaker. It was nice having The Bus for short yardage. I did not appreciate it enough when he was playing.

Losing El killed the Steelers in the return game. Two games were lost due to drops on punts and kickoffs. This has to improve over last year.

The defense is about the same. The LBs are a little older and not as strong, but the DBs should be a strength this season. They have not been in the past.

Is this a playoff team? Potentially yes. This is the same group that went 15-1 and then won a Super Bowl the next season.

My crystal ball has them losing 5-6 games this season.

They get a break with the early part of the schedule. I can see a 4-1 or 5-0 start.

At Broncos, Bengals then hosting the Ravens is a tough stretch. I can see two losses.

Next four games go with home dates versus the Browns, Dolphins and Bengals and one on the road versus the Jets. Maybe one loss.

Hopefully they will have a good spot secured for the playoffs before the final four game. @Patriots, Jags, @Rams and @Ravens. Ouch. Two losses in this set of games.

I'm guessing the Ravens and Bengals will be just about as strong, so head-to-head with them will be critical.

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

It may be your view. It's my view that I could never take your coverage of the Steelers seriously.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I agree, that is why I would never agree to be a beat writer for the NFL or the Steelers. I know my limitations.

Funny, I root for the Pirates and the Penguins, but I feel nowhere near the passion.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

This is why I don't understand the venom on this thread. The guy doesn't cover the Steelers or ever plan to. Who the fuck cares if he says, "we?" I won't do it and I don't like it, but as long as he's not on the beat I really don't care.

Draft saved Draft deleted