1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

July 23rd, 2007 - It's a great day Steeler fans

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Worst division?
    How's that?
    Bengals, Ravens, Steelers ... and one bad team.
    You need a primer on football? Because those of us who are Stillers fans would be happy to help. Just ask.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yeah...what he said. And they missed the playoffs by one game. I wouldn't say that is "barely competing." Though this year, they could be headed more in that direction (yeah, I'm a pessimist)

3. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Is Polamalu a top 3 safety in the league?

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Wait, you don't chant the time-honored "Here we go Steelers, here we go" when you're waving the Terrible Towel?

5. Colton

Colton Active Member

LOVED seeing Troy get yanked down by his tumbleweed after an INT last season.

That having been said, wish he was in the Browns' secondary.

Fine player.

6. outofplace

I really hate the "we" thing....I wave the towel...but no we.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Could you interpret it as "Here we (the fans) go (making noise in support of you the) Steelers, here we go"?

8. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

He's a good safety. I think he might be behind the 8-ball in terms of best safeties in the game because he has Ed Reed, Roy Williams and Sean Taylor there.

9. outofplace

I'd take him and probably 10 other guys over Roy Williams. Polamalu isn't great in coverage, but Williams is beyond awful as a pass defender.

10. pallister

pallister Guest

Polamalu is head and shoulders (and hair) better than Williams and Taylor.

11. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

I would say those three strike fear into anyone going across the middle. You can also add Dawkins into the conversation.

Roy isn't a great pass defender, but he can hit with the best of them and stop the run as well as anybody in the game.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

It's going to be a great January day for Steelers' fans if they manage to finish 8-8 this season.

Draft saved Draft deleted