1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

July 23rd, 2007 - It's a great day Steeler fans

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Jul 23, 2007.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

No. I'm trying to let them see what's happening, and think about it in a more informed way. Has nothing to do with them waking up, saying "Wow, IJAG really made me feel like I can walk up and slap Troy Polamalu on the ass today because I'm part of the team!"

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I just laughed REALLY loudly in the office.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Good one Palli. We are just going to agree to disagree on this one. I am not going to apologize for rooting for my team.

It may suprise you though that I have never spent more than 30 bucks on any piece of Steeler gear. Have any of you dropped $100 or more on a retro jersey?

If you see Wilbon, be sure to correct him when he talks about the Bears, Bulls, Cubs or Northwestern.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

NOBODY IS SAYING YOU CAN'T ROOT.

Sweet Jesus. I love Duke basketball more than I should. I don't think I'm suiting up this year.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I cannot believe we are having this debate on a journalists message board. This is just flat-out embarrassing.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I'm out for the night guys and ladies. Good discussion even though I was taking most (hell, all) of the hits.

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

We're not debating. One guy's an idiot who comes off like he's 13 in every post, and the rest of us are telling him that.

Debating involves usually both sides having points to make. He has none.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You know, I am truly having an awful day. Beyond awful. And I am stunned at the level of bitchiness on this board today. I'm not directing that at any one person. It's all over.

I hate the we thing. I spent the '70s in Pittsburgh, too, and I'm as die-hard a fan as you can find and yet I have NEVER said "we" when talking about the Steelers and never will.

But I am absolutely stunned that it has actually turned into an argument. It's a fucking message board people. Lighten the hell up.

I mean...I guess I understand it from Ijag...she's a Browns fan...it's a jealousy thing...but still..... ;D

On to the actual topic, it is good to see the Steelers keep Polamalu, though he definitely was not as good last year as in 2005. But I can't say I'd blame him for the team's fall and I strongly disagree with the poster who called the AFC North the weakest division in the NFL last year.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Dead. To. Me.

(sorry about your bad day. But the sentiment stands)

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Hehe...I knew it was there when I saw you had posted, before I read it.

And I just threw the bad day thing out there to illustrate why I am shocked that others are spouting such venom today. It's an ugly one on SportsJournalists.com.

11. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

This probably isn't helping. It's implications are stressful, even subconciously.

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/44600/

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

My part is part history. I'm still waiting for 93Devil to say one thing that makes sense or isn't stupid on this board.

So when I see him pulling stupid shit like 'we' it pisses me off more than others. Sorry.

Draft saved Draft deleted