1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jugs Across America Tour

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny Dangerously, Sep 20, 2007.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Anyone covering this? They're stopping here soon ...

Johnny ... I thought this might be something interesting for you to check out. A tad controversial with an underlying good cause. The public seems to be very interested in this museum wherever it goes. Check out the story from one of the recent stops at http://www.theindychannel.com/news/14138136/detail.html
    or read the press release below.

NEWS RELEASE

Media Contact:
    David Round
    Media Representative
    Jugs Across America Tour
    Phone: (818) 703-9202
    E-mail: david@popculturepr.com

For Immediate Release:

THE WORLD'S ONLY TRAVELING BREAST MUSEUM
    IS BOUNCING TO A CITY NEAR YOU

With more than 75 artfully decorated boobs, this exhibit
    promises to be the hottest museum on wheels!

Huntington Beach, CA – (SEPTEMBER 20, 2007) - The creators of Jingle Jugs,
    the newest sensation in the novelty items arena, are launching a month long tour that departed Los Angeles, California on September 8, 2007 from the Rose Bowl. They will visit college football games, and various sporting events across the country, in an effort to raise funds and promote breast cancer awareness. More background information and tour schedules can be found at www.jinglejugsforlife.com.

Billed as Jugs Across America, the tour will consist of a convoy of vehicles, including a 53' semi-truck trailer, artistically decorated outside, and retrofitted inside as a combination bar/grille/art gallery that will be opened to the public. This traveling breast museum will also display over 100 sets of plastic breasts (Jingle Jugs) uniquely decorated by many different artists. The creators of Jingle Jugs have partnered with multiple Sigma Alpha Epsilon chapters, who are using this product to raise funds for their national fraternity as well as for breast cancer research. A percentage of the proceeds from the sales of Jingle Jugs during this month-long tour will go to breast cancer organizations nationwide.

Jingle Jugs are a light-hearted homage to most men's "best friends." Fashioned as a lifelike set of women's breasts, Jingle Jugs, when activated, move in rhythmic motion to a very popular song by Capitol Recording Artist and comedian Rodney Carrington. The newest versions of the product have re-recordable chips that can record and play back the user's choice of any 40 second audio, such as favorite songs or special messages. They also contain an embedded, non-removable audio message about breast cancer.

Says the president of Hawks Bay, LLC, and co-creator of Jingle Jugs, Dave Miller, "Our company recognizes the importance of giving back to the community, and hence the reason for this tour. Not only will we be donating to some very worthwhile organizations, but my partner, Keith Jones, and I get to live out every man's sports fantasy by visiting as many college and pro football games as we can in a month, all the while enjoying the fraternal camaraderie that universities provide. In short, the ultimate road trip!"

Desirous of giving back to the community, the Jingle Jugs founders have initiated several charitable gifts and programs, including their "Send a Rack to Iraq" program to support the troops, and "Jugs Across America." Jingle Jugs has also recently donated $50,000 to the Susan G. Komen For The Cure, Orange County chapter. For more Information, please visit www.jinglejugsforlife.com.

# # #

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Alas, I fear the Jingle Jugs will be horribly misused by someone, somewhere.

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I fear the upcoming tour to promote prostate cancer awareness.

4. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

What an asshole!

(overheard at said exhibit)

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Is the PR guy's name really David Round?

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Jingle Jugs?!? Now I finally have a companion for my sham-boobs ...

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Please keep us abreast of what's going on with this.

9. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

If this thing goes tits-up, who is financially responsible? :)

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Hope this makes it through the whole tour instead of going tits up...

11. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

SportsJournalists.com has to represent at this tour. It's Jugs Across America or Bust!

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Pity it's not Jugs Across Canada... I know of someone who would represent us well...

Draft saved Draft deleted