1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Judicial Watch's Top 10 Most Corrupt Politicians (tee hee hee!)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

The disclaimer at the end REALLY cracks me up.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It's frightening -- and probably says something about the state of our country -- that four of the 10 are running for president and two others are in leadership positions in congress.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Compared to the allegations against the other 9, Larry Craig is looking like a jaywalker.

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

hmmm....seems to be a couple rather prominent names missing.....

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Those fine folks at judicial watch forgot to include Clay Davis.

Since when does a blow job in a public washroom equal "corruption"?

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I'm shocked, SHOCKED that Judicial Watch would name a Clinton as number 1 on their list. I guess that they will get a nice Xmas bonus from Scaife.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm surprised they didn't include Bill and bring up Whitewater again.

8. INTEREST GROUPS!

Last time I checked URS is a public company traded on the NYSE. He may have invested in it to save it at one point, but the fact is it is one of the world's largest engineering firms so it is only logical that they would win their share of contracts for construction. If the contracts were awarded on a non-competitive basis influenced by Feinstein, that would be a different story.

And no I am not a fan of Feinstein..

9. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

If JW is serious about this list -- I mean, it couldn't have picked a Clinton No. 1 and three others running for president just to get attention, could it? -- one can only conclude that it didn't pay much attention in 2007.

Its aim is woefully bad, on both sides of the aisle.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm not really familiar with Judicial Watch. Are they actually tied in with Scaife? If that's the case, might as well toss this thing in the trash where it belongs.

11. Philosopher

Philosopher Member

The list automatically struck me as very fishy, because it bears no semblance to any objective list you'd come up with. The guys who are best known in Washington for being in bed with lobbyists and for wasteful earmarks aren't on the list.

So I checked out the website of this 501(c)(3). It's very obviously a right-wing organization. They should try to put that aside the next time they create a list like this.

12. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

fixed

Draft saved Draft deleted