1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Judges plead guilty in scheme to jail youths for profit

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Feb 16, 2009.

1. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

If douchebag judges didn't exist, it wouldn't have happened, either.

When governments are free from kickbacks and corruption then you'll have a point.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I may be crazy, but I think it would probably be easier to stop outsourcing government responsibilities than making sure we don't ever elect any crooked judges or politicians.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

It's a shitload more expensive for the government to do it.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I get that, but then why does a "consultant" working in Iraq get paid about 4 times as much as an equivalent Army officer. And how do you afford to siphon off millions in bribes in this scheme?

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

They don't have nearly as many, do they?

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

What's the problem? You take a bad boy, make him dig holes all day in the hot sun, it turns him into a good boy. That's our philosophy here at Camp Green Lake.

[​IMG]

7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I'm surprised nobody has tried to blame the kids, saying if they didn't break the law, this wouldn't have happened and that we need more judges to hand down harsh sentences to juveniles.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I can't decide if I'd rather see these assholes Supermaxed or cast down to the sodomites. Scum of the fucking earth.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The first part of this stuns me. They say a person who's his own lawyer has a fool for a client. What do you call a 15-year-old kid?

10. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

A couple of times a year, if only for a week or two, I'd sent these two slimeballs to the worst possible correctional facility possible. Have them interact with that kind of prison population for a bit, just to get a feel for the horror.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Post this on the politics board and you will.

12. Diego Marquez

Diego Marquez Member

If these kids had been on swim teams, this would never have happened.

Draft saved Draft deleted