1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Judge to parents: Change your kid's name

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sportsnut2002, Aug 13, 2013.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

This one's going to get swatted like a hanging slider.

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Oh wow, shocking, a judge decides to say fuck the constitution, fuck a free society, fuck everything this country stands for and let me rule in a way that caters to my beliefs/political position/powerful buddies position.

This is the mess all of you people who think "activist judges as long they are on MY side are A-OK' have created so live with it and deal with it and stop whining about it.

3. mr.westerberg

mr.westerberg Member

A Tennessee judge does something stupid and beyond the scope of his/her bailiwick? Shocking. Outside of Nashville, Memphis and Knoxville, the state is a vast wasteland (and parts of Memphis and Nashville could be called 'wasteland,' too). And, yes, I lived there, for three years.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

In addition to God Shammgod, I've seen kids named Princess, Queen, King, Prince, etc. This is no big deal. Let the idiot parents do what they want and they'll have to deal with the fallout later.

5. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Was it, though?

After seven months, the parents couldn't agree on the kid's name, so they asked the judge to do so. The judge did.

6. sportsnut2002

sportsnut2002 Member

According to the story, though, the argument wasn't over the first name. It was over the last. That's why they were in court in the first place.

7. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Yes, I read the article. But they still asked the judge to decide the kid's name.

Poor little Martin has far worse problems than his first name.

8. Worse still, to me, is the "original" spelling of names.

But Caitlin/Katelyn/Katelin/Caitlyn/Katelynn/Kaitland/Caytelyn/Kaitlynn/Kate-Lynn have no idea what I mean. (And yes, I've seen Kaitland. Yes, it really pisses me off)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  9. This made me laugh more than I'm willing to admit

10. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Could be worse.

http://community.babycenter.com/post/a25845471/shithead_not_joking

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  11. mr.westerberg

mr.westerberg Member

What's next: That judge decides she doesn't like the name "Mohammed"? What if parents wants to name their kid "Buddha"? Waaaayyy outside the judge's purview to say "no" to Messiah. But stupidity runs rampant in Tennessee.

12. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Oh, to have a boss or colleague with the name shithead.

Draft saved Draft deleted