1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Judge strikes down most of Walker's anti-union law

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I'm sorry but screaming "C*UNT* at a woman is more offensive than a legislative vote you don't agree with. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fucking idiot.

And it came from a supporter of a president who dared lecture this country on the tone of its discourse. YGBFKM...

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Ohh no!!!! Not "C*nt!" Anything but THAT!!!! Great thing about a word is that it vanishes into thin air immediately after it leaves lips. The aftereffects of legislation that affects tens of thousands of people? Kinda lingers a while longer.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Tell you what, yell c*nt at your wife and see what happens.

Unbelievable.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Yeah, it was 1 in the morning because the Democrats filibustered for two days. A real "rush" they put on it.

5. old_tony

Yes he is, actually. Risser wants to fillibuster against the rules. And do you really want to claim they "rushed" a bill that had already been passed twice before and vetoed by the previous governor?

6. old_tony

It really goes to show how phony the faux outrage at Limbaugh was a month ago.

7. Cubbiebum

Cubbiebum Member

What part of moderate do you not get? I don't have a side.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

One, see BYM's point. He nailed it and your response to him does nothing to counter his point.

Two, you still misrepresented Ronnie's comment. He never said the use of the word c-nt was not offensive. You either failed badly in reading comprehension or you are just lying to try to make a point.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Considering she joking called me out for "being cunty" a couple of days ago, I don't think it will be an issue. Some people have the ability to get over language and realize words are totally powerless unless you're dealing with an uptight fuck with zero coping and reasoning skills.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Rush is a hypocritical chickenshit bully who deserved the response that he received.

I've listened to him for a few minutes (which is all I can stand of him) a few times. One time a few weeks ago, he flat-out admitted that if there was a Fairness Doctrine rule, that he would be out of business.

Of course he didn't say the reason why, although we all know what it is: Someone would call him out on his bullshit right in front of him. And, like a bully, he can't take it when the victim fights back.

11. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

No, it's not. I didn't say that.

I was saying that it's worse that the Republicans rammed through a disastrous piece of legislation while most of the opposition wasn't even seated.

Also, Gordon Hintz didn't say c---, he said "you're fucking dead" and later apologized for doing so.

Old Tony was referring to Joel Kleefisch's (Republican assemblyman, husband of the Lieutenant Governor) claim that a protester came up to him and screamed "You're wife is a fucking c---"...However, there's no evidence that this actually happened.

12. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Yeah, here's the thing. If something is offensive, and something else is MORE offensive, it doesn't make the first thing inoffensive. This is one of those shades of gray things that Bush-ite Republicans in particular seem to struggle with. It's the same line of reasoning that holds that anyone who says America can do something better is saying that America sucks.

Draft saved Draft deleted