1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

JRC W2's?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by schiezainc, Feb 7, 2008.

1. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

So, I'm in a unique situation.

The paper I work at was owned by JRC until the second week of February last year, meaning that for five whole weeks in 2007, I was an employee with them.

In March, I moved from my parent's house into an apartment with my girlfriend. In December, we upgraded to a larger place in a different city.

So, It's February 7th and I'm still waiting for my W2 from them. I asked around at work and others reported getting their JRC W2 last saturday (the 2nd). I'm wondering how long I should wait before giving them a ring.

I figure legally I had to have received it by Jan 31st. That means, it should have bounced from my parent's house by then, gone to my old apartment a couple days later and arrived already. Anyone wanna place bets on how long it's gonna take me to get it? I'm figuring March. :)

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Never.

3. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

Five weeks of JRC wages = weekly church bingo winnings.

Hardly worth reporting.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

They had to be mailed by Jan. 31, not received by.
    And are you sure b oth post offices would still be forwarding?

Call now

5. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

In case anyone cares, or finds themselves in a similar situation, my W2 came in today (February 11th). So, in review-> JRC probably sent it the 31st, meaning it got to my first place on the 4th, my second place on the 8th and in my hands on the 11th.

As an aside, I did well in my return so I am pleased.

6. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

My best friend is about to get his master's in accounting. If you don't hear anything soon, you can contact the IRS with your Empl ID and get your info directly from them. ;)

7. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Bingo on both accounts.
    Post offices usually forward for only six months. the span between your two moves outdates that. However, no reason why you shouldn't be able to call the HR person to get another one. They are legally (not to mention ethically) responsible to get you another one asap if Copy No. 1 didn't come through.

Draft saved Draft deleted