1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

JRC CEO Jelenic's cancer is back

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by JRC bites, Jun 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRC bites

JRC bites New Member

JRC boss Bob Jelenic is taking a leave of absence from the company because his cancer is back. For more details, check out my blog:
    http://jrcbites.blogspot.com/

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I know how we feel about the guy and the company but this is not the place for that. We're talking about cancer here. Do not show your ass on this one.
    No comments about how he runs his papers. Never met the man. I wish him well in his fight with this horrible disease.

3. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Despite Moddy's best efforts, I have a feeling this thread will not end well.

4. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Cancer is not funny and cancer is not deserved. Ever. By anybody.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

It will end quickly if it starts to get ugly. FileNotFound hit it straight and I hope everybody pays attention. I will not look kindly upon anyone who makes fun of cancer or someone with cancer.

6. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

I will say it this way from someone who works in a JRC shop. I've never met the man, but I don't like him. I don't like his cronies, I don't like the way he runs his business, I think he's a horrible businessman because he's not a newspaper guy.
    But I would never wish cancer on him or wish ill will on the man.

7. Thanks, Moddy, for hopefully saving us from some horrific posts.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Yeah. I've lost family members to cancer, and I don't wish to go to Hell so I wouldn't poke fun anyway, but Moddy's posts removed any shred of temptation. Good luck, Mr. Jelenic.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Just because I don't agree with the way he runs his business doesn't mean that I wish cancer on him (or anyone else for that matter). I hope he recovers and returns to being the butt of jokes among journalists quickly and with no lasting ill effects.

10. lapdog

lapdog Member

My parents both died of cancer.

My parents were both professional journalists -- my father worked at the same paper for 49 years.

They were exactly the kind of people whose career Jelenic has ended by the thousands through incompetence, but much worse than that, absolutely malicious, punitive and predatory policies he has pursued both at JRC and its bastard stepparent, Ingersoll, both companies he has run, and is running, straight into the ground. They were both people, had they had the terrifying fortune to work at a JRC paper, Jelenic would have run out of their jobs.

There are dozens of tales of JRC employees Jelenic has run out of jobs, off their medical insurance, out of their careers, out of their jobs, who were suffering from cancer or any number of other diseases. Did that bother Jelenic? Hell no, they were only employees, only fodder for his cost-cutting rampages.

Fuck Jelenic. You go, cancer. You've killed millions, no, billions, of people who didn't deserve it. Now go to town on someone who does.

11. so much for listening to Moddy

12. markvid

markvid Guest

Ouch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.