1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

JRC booted out of Mass.

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by KP, Dec 2, 2006.

1. KP

KP Active Member

The Taunton towns were already covered by the Enterprise. Some nice rearranging of stories and adding the word Taunton to the masthead was pretty much all that was done. People in Brockton said it was pretty much all smoke and mirrors.

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Well, sometimes when you put lipstick on a pig, it works.

Threadjacking here to note that I do miss the logo of Les Nordique.

3. KP

KP Active Member

After the GMAC Bowl it shall return.

4. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Look out for news about JRC's Rhode Island properties by the weekend.
    ETA: Wonder what happens to the Sox and Pats beat coverage? The southern N.E. JRC cluster has a R.I. guy covering the Pats and a Mass. guy on the Sox.

5. Probably nothing. Look at all the overlap everywhere and they've done virtually nothing yet. It'll be a while.

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

If anything, I would imagine those papers will get stuff from MetroWest or Quincy. Eventually, Gatehouse might find it worthwhile to re-establish the Patriot Ledger News Service.

7. Putting aside for a moment all of our mutual friends in Brockton, Quincy et. al., Gatehouse has a real opportunity to do something big here, in particular south of boston. execution is of course another matter. how will they go here?

Draft saved Draft deleted