1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

JR! Mobilize!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Aug 4, 2007.

1. As much as I dislike the Canadian little-brother mentality, nobody should disparage the contributions of their armed forces.

2. They'd be nicer if a couple of our speed-freak fighter jocks hadn't carpet-bombed their infantry.

3. Friendly fire sucks, but, as someone more wise than me once said, "War is hell."

And the attitude of which I speak was prevalent long before that incident.

4. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Is Obama a chickenhawk? I seem to remember the last time it came up that you have an unorhodox definition for this term. Can you refresh our memory on what it means?

5. I believe Mr. Google can help you with this, sir.
    I also believe the last attempt at explaining it to you ended in a staggering welter of split hairs all over the floor so, no, it's late, and you can make up your own definition out of straw.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

You have to forgive him. Rumors are rampant that he lost the most recent Prancing Billy series to BitterYoungDickhead.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Chickenhawk: War-advocating politician or pundit who never served in the military, often stretching the truth in Silly Putty-like fashion in order to stay off the firing line.

8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

9. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I did acknowledge in my post that the U.S. is the most powerful country on the planet. What your country does affects all other countries.

Our former prime minister Pierre Trudeau said it best: “a mouse in bed with an elephant…no matter how friendly…one is affected by every twitch and grunt.”

10. Unless, of course, someone bombs your Canadian rock band Rush. Then we'll just cheer. ;D

11. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Have you compared the size of your populations? That's a really shitty thing to say. And I have relatives in Canada's Armed Forces so yes, this is personal.

12. Don't bother with him, HC. If he's going to say America's ignorance and arrogance toward the rest of the world is a good thing, there's no point in going further.

In the end, Americans' self-centered arrogance is going to be a major contributor to this country's downfall.

Draft saved Draft deleted