1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Journos who fight

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Aug 1, 2007.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Steiner with Holyfield:

2. Is this true? Was a kid old enough to play American Legion ball really this dumb? And had, I guess, JUST heard of Nazis?

3. Breakyoself

Breakyoself Member

he was 15 - about to be a freshman in high school i believe. and yes, that is true. i don't know if he had just heard about the Nazis. I was talking to another kid who had a brother on the team. This guy walked up, sat down and just said it matter-of-factly.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Yeah. That Red X was one hell of a moment.

5. Been tempted a couple of times when those camera-carrying monkeys with local TV lay their hands on me while trying to get in front of me during a presser. I always stand my ground. Not my fault they arrived late.

By the way, I had a female TV reporter try to shove me out of the way yesterday as we did an interview on a crowded stairway. I just looked at her, smiled and returned to taking notes.

Why do they think it's OK to touch me or anyone else?

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

When in doubt, remember this: What would Kenny Rogers do?

7. Scuff the ball?

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

That would be worth a hard right hand to the side of the head. The best way to deal with that stuff is to beat it out of 'em early. And no, I don't give a shit if he's 15.

9. KP

KP Active Member

Will McDonough 1-0, 1 KO

10. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Two questions:

1) Who would pay to see a Last Man Standing fight between Mike Vaccaro & Mike Lupica?

2) How long would the line be to sign up for a "fight" with Loopy?

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I fight with the pen, not the sword. Because the penis mighter. :p

Speaking of Nazis ... I am passive-aggressive enough that if a small-time prep coach pisses me off enough, it's NO COVERAGE FOR YOU! But that has only happened once or twice.

12. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

When I worked in San Diego, a veteran reporter told me about the time then-UT (now AP) photographer Lenny Ignelzi and ancient Atlanta columnist Furman Bisher got into it during a press conference the week before the Super Bowl in 1988. Don't know if anyone on this board heard about it or witnessed it.

Draft saved Draft deleted