1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Journos who fight

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Aug 1, 2007.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Watching (I'm sure a rerun of) Best Damn Sports Show last night and there was a clip of Charley Steiner getting into it with someone in a locker room. More verbal than anything else, but I haven't been able to figure out what the situation was. I assume it was pre-ESPN Steiner but I was wondering who he was yelling at.
    I'm sure many of us have wanted to ditch the objectivity and throttle a few people talking crap about "the media" to our face, but this time Charley did. Anybody got info on the who, what, and where on Steiner's blow-up?

2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Must not have been Evander Holyfield --- one of the few great ESPN commercials IMO

3. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Anchor: "Hey Evander, Charlie said you're not one of the best 50 heavyweights."

Evander: "In the world?"

Anchor: "No, in Georgia."

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

It was with another reporter during Wimbledon, IIRC. Some douchebox British tabloid reporter asked McEnroe about his relationship with Stacy Margolin, and he ended the presser right there. Steiner was understandably pissed.

EDIT: I think Steiner got into it with a third reporter, not the moron who asked the question.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't have a problem with the tabloid guys asking the questions that they do, but they can at least wait a few minutes into the pressers so everybody else can get what they need...

6. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

http://www.dispatch.co.za/2005/06/24/Foreign/djest.html

I know I've seen a video of it somewhere on the Web, but I can't find it.

7. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Priceless

8. Breakyoself

Breakyoself Member

I almost beat the shit out of this kid at an American legion game, but it was only because he made a comment about starting a Nazi party in town because he saw something on them on the History Channel. he quickly left after i told him i was Jewish and that mass genocide is anything but cool and shouldn't be glorified.

9. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

http://www.chicagoreader.com/hottype/2003/030808_1.html

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Great Moments in Chicago History. ;D ;D

11. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

"Follow me! Follow me to freedom!"

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Steiner also threw a hard right at the Orangeman. Prick.

Draft saved Draft deleted