1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Journolist Will Be Shut Down

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Gotta love when supposedly private conversations become public.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/ezra-klein/2010/06/on_journolist_and_dave_weigel.html

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Journalists or even Journolists should never bitch about private things becoming public. Never.

3. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Isn't that the message board where smug self-important beltway reporters worked to develop the common wisdom of the day? Big loss.

4. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

As with ACORN, it will re-emerge soon enough with a new name and slightly lower profile.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

En masse, the comments are merely among the best online reading, ever.

6. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

God, Klein is terrible.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I never heard of the fucking place.

Perhaps the worst way to go ever.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Interview with Dave Weigel (who's leaked emails caused Journolist to be shut down):

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=ZDY5NDY0YzRlZTJmODYzMmFlMDU2NjE0MTkxMzgwYWM=

And, sportsguydave's favorite media personality offers $100,000 to anyone who will leak him the entire Journolist archive:

http://bigjournalism.com/abreitbart/2010/06/29/reward-100000-for-full-journolist-archive-source-fully-protected/?preview=true&preview_id=86962&preview_nonce=ec524375b1

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You have to be a real scumbag to sell that to Breitbart, a journalistic leech who celebrates the demise of traditional media while using it to build his "empire."

10. YankeeFan

So, do you think someone will do it?

$100,000 is a lot of money. I'll bet it's a whole lot of money to some of the people on the list.

And there's the whole, "someone else will do it if I don't" argument.

Now, I'm not sure how it worked. Would any long term member who saved his emails have an entire archive to sell?

I thought that part of the reason that it was shut down was so that it wouldn't be able to be searched through.

Although I suppose that whoever leaked the info to the Daily Caller has the whole archive because they clearly searched though it to find Weigel's posts to it.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Piotr

check your thread title

Didn't you mean to write

"Journolist Will Be Shot Down" and and "Shut Down"

12. YankeeFan

Draft saved Draft deleted