1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Journo Joe McGinnis gets veeeeery close to his next subject...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by 21, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

If this doesn't work out, there's an opening at the paper.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

No problem on the thread, I saw the Today segment and thought the same thing. We can certainly discuss the methods and not the politics, right?

Coincidence, my ass.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

McGinnis outed that creepy wife and baby killer Jeffrey MacDonald. Since then, he's been the creep.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

He just wanted to see Russia.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

McGinnis walked away from a book about the OJ case so he could write "The Miracle of Castel di Sangro", which is one of my favorite sports books.

But this is pretty creepy.

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Didn't Palin's neighbor approach him just to stick it to the Palins? Something about an unpaid debt?

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It does seem creepy. But the outcry over it has been over the top too.

Given her speaking engagements, does Palin even spend much time there? Isn't Todd in the backcountry fishing and hunting during the short Alaskan summer? Throw up the fence and go about your lives.

8. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

Creepy - and the best thing that could have happened to Palin in this instance. Another reason for her to discredit the media and to get ahead of this book, which I doubt would paint her in a positive light.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

That was The Big Horse, right?

I'm not a big horse racing fan, but I really liked that book.

I read Fatal Vision as a teenager and then read some of his other true crime books.

He's a good writer and tells a story well, but this is fucked up. It's creepy. And I don't feel bad for him if people are pissed about it.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Agreed. Don't bullshit it. You could even say that this is America, a house was for rent, so you rented it. What's wrong with that?

But the price and the lake and the grandkids crap made me want to puke, and I'm not exactly a Palin fan.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Not just a today anchor- it was Matt Lauer.

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Didn't she make a point of misusing Frost's "good fences make good neighbors" regarding the Arizona immigration law?

Karma says suck it up.

Draft saved Draft deleted