1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Journeyman Premiere 9/24

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SuperflySnuka, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Very solid beginning for this show...

Reminds me of Early Edition (one of my favorite shows from the 90s) mixed with Quantum Leap.

Thoughts?

2. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

It's definitely more sophisticated than either of those shows (both of which I liked). It seems like they could go anywhere with it, and hopefully they won't make it completely random and unpredictable.

I love the dynamic of his current wife being his brother's ex, and when he goes back to see his beloved departed, being under the view of the woman he loves and ended up with. Very clever.

And, just a quibble, I'd like to know how a reporter at a SF paper could afford a house like that.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

My wife and I laughed about that... Also at how the editor knew it was his anniversary... Like any of them actually care... ;D

Love the show though...

4. I watched the first half, and tivoed the second half, but the show didn't do anything for me, which is disapointing because I had high hopes for it. None of the characters grabbed me, like they did in Quantum Leap. To me, the characters are what makes or breaks a show. I'm going to watch the second half, but I don;t know if I'm dedicating the time each week for it. Just wasn't compelling enough.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I mentioned on another thread that because of its timeslot, right after Heroes with nothing other than MNF that I would watch otherwise, I'll probably end up watching it. It was OK, but I have a feeling I'm going to want more of the serial storyline (what's up with the dead fiancee showing up as he leaves his dead fiancee's apartment) and they're going to go more episodic.

6. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

My thought is she is also a time-traveler ... and that their relationship as a pair of travelers will come into play in later episodes.

As for the ending, it gave me goosebumps. ... "I'll always come home."

Very well done

7. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

They explain that in a future episode when he sends himself a note from the future telling himself to buy stock in Microsoft.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

They said he has had a gambling problem... Maybe he starts betting the games and hits it big...

9. OK, so I watched the second half, and I guess I'll be back for a few more. It's not a fantastic show, just ok, but not all great shows start out great. I like the storyline, just wish some of the characters would be a bit more drawing.

Draft saved Draft deleted