1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Journeyman Finale?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Italian_Stallion, Dec 18, 2007.

1. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

damn i loved that show. It's amazing how the networks don't give any shows a real chance anymore.

2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Yeah, I like it, too. Then, what do I know? I like "Life" (with "Band of Brothers" alum Damian Lewis -- he played Capt. Dick Winters). Hell, I liked "The Black Donnellys."

I am, apparently, the kiss of death to any television show.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

"Life" isn't dead, is it? It better not be. I thought it was one of those bubble shows that was going to get another chance because the pilot season is going to be scrapped. Same with "Chuck."

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Life was picked up for the "season." I also think NBC was worried about getting mass quantities of rotten fruit if it yanked it from the schedule.
    I think NBC's biggest problem is they really have a hard time launching series. If you look at the premiere ratings of their scripted stuff in the last few years they tend to be mediocre at best. Of course the problem is they don't have any decent lead-ins.

5. Colonel Angus

Colonel Angus Member

This sucks. More proof that the hoi polloi aren't smart enough to watch anything remotely thought-provoking. Hopefully when the writers strike is resolved, the producers will pitch it to another network that might pick it up. Sci-Fi comes to mind, but there might be others.

6. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Huh. Our tv guy was telling me that "Life" was on the ropes. Glad to hear it go picked up. Charlie Crews is one of the quirkiest, most enjoyable characters going lately. Justa touch of darkness, too.

7. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Agree with everything you said, particularly the great casting of McKidd and Diamond. And while I do watch "Medium" occasionally, it seems like a weak show to follow "Heroes". "Journeyman" worked well in it's spot, I thought.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I love the birds flying backward in the intro music. And Vassar's poor son is gonna need therapy: "But Doc, my father did go poof! No, I do not need more Alprazolam!"

9. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

I never noticed birds flying backward. I'll have to watch for that tonight. My understanding is that this special Wednesday airing is the end, but I'd love it if there was one more episode after tonight. I'm not sure they can do much of a job of explaining things in just one episode.

I don't follow the ratings, but I think a lot of 10 p.m. shows have trouble. Frankly, that's awfully late into the night over here on the East Coast. My wife leaves for work at 6 a.m. It's been a show that we record, but not everyone has that capability.

10. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

Killick, I'm with you. I really, really like Life - Cpt. Dick Winters does a tremendous job. And the season finale (which I hope isn't a series finale) was terrific. I, too, like the Black Donnelly's. And I really like(d) Journeyman.

Sucks. At least Heroes won't be taken off.

11. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

I don't think that was Life's finale. I remember the previews saying "Coming in the New Year" I won't say what the clip said and spoil it.

12. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

I saw the clip, sure. But you never know if the strike is going to end the show. NBC has certainly done dumber things. I'm intrigued. Though I will say I saw that coming from way early in the episode.

Draft saved Draft deleted