1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Journeyman Finale?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Italian_Stallion, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

I know. There have been shows about time travel. But I think folks are really missing out by refusing to give Journeyman a chance.

The last produced episode airs on Wednesday, and that might be the last ever, as the show isn't doing well in the ratings.

Here's a little spoiler that folks might want to skip if they haven't seen Monday's episode. Hopefully, it will convince folks of just how brilliant the show's writers are:

Mr. Time Traveler goes back to the '80s to save someone. He has a digital camera with him, and he drops it. He pops back into the present to discover that he no longer has a son. Instead, he now has a daughter. Apparently, the processor in the camera fell into the hands of computer nerds and his work computer went haywire years before it should have existed. As a result, he misses boinking the wife, which means no son was conceived that night, which meant that he conceived a daughter instead a few days later.

So now he has to go back in time and recover the camera so he can get back that night with the wife that created his son. Of course, it works.

Amazing stuff. Thought-provoking. He actually erased a daughter's existence to get back his son. Imagine him standing there talking to her. It was a little creepy. If you haven't given this one a chance, I urge you to watch the reruns online or rent the DVD when it's released. Of course, the best part is that the guy is a reporter.

2. Colton

Colton Active Member

Stallion: I have every ep on DVR and am looking forward to watching them, if time ever permits, of course.

Time travel has always intrigued me, so I'm hooked.

thanks for the update.

3. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

I adore this show and have anticipated and watched every episode. Save this show!

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I must have missed the plot point that the FBI agent trailing Vasser was dead.
    Don't know why this show didn't catch on. I enjoyed the cast, the suffering wife, the always tasty Moon Bloodgood and I really enjoyed the portrayal of the downsizing of the newspaper, Brian Howe as the editor (he was also in Pursuit of Happyness as the guy that gave Will Smith's character a chance). I'm thinking Howe can take on all of the roles Ned Beatty isn't playing anymore. Anyway, I applaud the creator, Kevin Falls, who saw the writing on the wall (premiered at #46 and fell to the 60s) and has written and ending to answer a lot of questions. Another quality NBC show (like Boomtown) that didn't fit in with the KMart line-up people are used to seeing on the peacock.

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Everything I've read says it's a goner, even with the strike saving some other freshman series on the bubble.

Too bad. It's not the best thing on television, but definitely worth another season -- especially from a network that thinks dreck like fucking "Clash of the Choirs" should take up prime time space.

6. DanOregon

I passed by Clash of the Choirs (Bolton's was the worst). Pretty classy of NBC to donate $250,000 to help disabled vets considering the billions they've made on security contracts since the War on Terror began.
    I'm trying to think of the last scripted show on NBC that reached the top 10.

7. It's hard to understand why this show hasn't caught on. It's far better than anything in its time slot, it's well-written and well-acted, and it has just the right quirkiness to keep you guessing. Oh, guess I just answered my own question.

Kevin McKidd and Reed Diamond (always underappreciated on Homicide: Life on the Street) are absolutely believable as brothers. They even resemble each other.

It looks like Medium will be taking over its time slot in January.

8. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

In case you haven't heard, there's now a Rice-a-Roni campaign to save the show. One site is actually taking donations for the purchase of rice to be delivered to network executives. Some rice has already made it, apparently. I don't have the site handy, but it's out there.

9. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

The guy that shot Dan also shot the FBI agent.

10. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Even if the show was cancelled, couldn't he just flash back and find the network executive who canned the show and throw him in front of a trolley?

11. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

NBC let the deadline to pick it up for a full season pass. After tonight's show, I think there's one left in the original 13-episode order.

That doesn't mean that NBC can't renew it, but the odds are highly unlikely.

12. DanOregon

Considering Jericho averaged a 9.5 rating last year and Journeyman peaked with its premiere rating of 5.9, I'd say give that Rice a Roni to a family that is hungry.

Draft saved Draft deleted