1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Journalists sleeping with their subjects

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jul 18, 2013.

1. In this case a NY Times and Wall Street Journal journalist who claims she slept with a conceived a child with Oasis frontman Liam Gallagher.
    She's suing for a few million.

Meh. She's a 4.

[​IMG]

A 6 for a journalist.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

She got the idea from the last season of "Entourage."

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I've told a variation of this story here before, but here goes...

I followed a WNBA player around for a week for a story, she was from the area where I worked, but didn't play for the local team. I did a two-part Sunday takeout on her that ran during the summer when very little else was going on.

Both of us were straight out of longterm relationships...

I was 24, she was 25 at the time. It was pretty apparent almost immediately that we both really liked each other. I've always dated jocks and the tomboy types. My high school girlfriend was a tennis champion, my college girlfriend played soccer and my wife played tennis in college.

Nothing happened when I did the story. We did talk a lot, not related to the story I was working on... She called me after it ran to tell me she liked it, but that was it... She mentioned that she was going to be in town a couple months later doing a camp and said she might call. I really didn't figure she would.

She did.

She wasn't a star on any level, but people have heard of her. She's still involved in the sport.

My assigning editor knew. He could tell I had a crush on her when I got back and he was there when she called me a couple months later. He gave me so much shit about it. I was pretty upset and he pulled me into the hallway and said, "You don't cover her. This is not a conflict of interest."

As far as I know, he never told anybody. I didn't exactly tell him details, but he knew I saw her a few times when she was in town and then flew out to see her about a month later.

She then left to join a traveling team overseas and that was the last time I saw her.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

6. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I figure as long as it's just sleep, it's no problem. A little weird, but no problem. Now, if there were any cuddling or hair-smelling or incidental spooning, we might have an ethical issue.

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

If it was Becky Hammon, I'm going to have to kill you.

8. Dick Whitman

Bob Greene got fired for this, right?

9. Dick Whitman

Tom Verducci doesn't understand what the big deal is.

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

When she said "A Night Out With," she wasn't kidding.

And, yes, would.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It was not Becky Hammon. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted