1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Journalists" give standing O to Hillary

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Joe Williams, Mar 24, 2015.

1. As someone who was there, albeit working and not seated at one of the tables, this was not a rousing, Go Hillary! kind of thing. And I paid attention to this. The tables were mostly filled with sponsors from various corporations, along with maybe three or four dedicated tables of journalists.

Those seated at one of those tables (the one I was closest to and could see) seemed to reluctantly stand up when the rest of the room was giving the standing ovation, because remaining seated would've been just as awkward and could've been seen as a show of aggression toward someone who's about to be covered exhaustively over the next 18 months and perhaps beyond. There was no hearty applause or whooping, and I don't even know that there was any clapping from the journalists for Hillary. Possibly just standing so it wasn't the only table not standing. If there was clapping it was just polite, don't-make-a-show-of-it applause. It's a tough spot, but I definitely didn't see this as a bunch of policy writers cheering in the press box.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

You're lying. Joe Williams and Breitbart know what other people reportedly saw.

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

First-person, eyewitness reports are just tools of the leftist conspiracy.

4. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I get that journalists should be objective and keep political opinions to themselves in public, Joe ... but this event, and its formality of a standing O, is really small potatoes.

Regarding the objectivity of newspapers, I'd be more concerned about the 95-98 percent of papers owned by either corporate entities or hard-core, millionaire Republicans than I would be about the voting records of journalists.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The butthurt, it burns.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

No reason to say that about Joe.

7. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

That's not something a non-liberal would say. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted