1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Journalist outburst at Obama town hall meeting

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by NoOneLikesUs, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Dollar Theater

Dollar Theater New Member

Glad I read this thread. I got this in an e-mail this morning:

[​IMG]

And now finally understand it. Although it was still funny without knowing the story behind it.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. NX

NX Member

That was my first reaction, too, Mr. Hobbes. Obama was too smooth, or maybe not smooth enough. Not the best acting job from the Democratic nominee. I'd bet John Q. Public was a plant.

3. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

They even got the guy to register Republican to cover their tracks.

4. KG

KG Active Member

Maybe they are more lax for someone who hasn't sealed the deal on the presidency yet, but the secret service would not allow someone like that to remain. I've seen them ask someone to leave an event because their baby was fussy. This guy was outright making demands.

5. NX

NX Member

Oh, those Democrats are sneaky, aren't they? ;D

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

What a douche.

7. SwingAndAMiss

SwingAndAMiss New Member

A plant? Seriously? You seriously think the guy is a plant?

I'm trying to wrap my head around how that ridiculous scene could possibly be considered the start of some tidal wave of votes for Obama.

Frankly, I think Obama's political machine is too sharp and too good to be that stupid. Why would they pull that stunt when McCain has cornered the market on dopiness?

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Well, he had all that money left over from not sponsoring a car last weekend at Pocono...

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If it was a plant at all, it's more likely a Republican plant to get embarrassing video of Obama refusing to do the pledge. Doncha think?

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Most of the local and county board meetings that I've covered have recited the pledge prior to the meeting.

There was even a guy who attended every county meeting who would bring his own American flag and hold it up. The guy claimed that the flag the county had, with gold fringes, was an illegal flag, and that only flags without fringes were legal.

I once had to interview the guy over the phone. Not much fun.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Don't they normally taser these guys?

12. Stop_Pre

Stop_Pre New Member

Link from Romenesko. He was working for Bloomberg News.

http://chronicle.com/blogs/election/2304/bizarre-incident-during-obama-visit-to-college-seen-as-unavoidable

Draft saved Draft deleted