1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Journalist James Foley executed by ISIS

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Aug 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Yep, journalis just explains why he was there. Sub in oilfield engineer and keep him an American and it would be a similar level of outrage here. Make him Brtitish and the English are outraged as Americans shrug.

As the fictional Leo McGarry once said, how does it all end? With the American flag flying from Mecca?

And, as I said in the office yeserday, there's a missile silo in North Dakota that could end most of these troubles with the push of a button. I'm not advocating that because the consequences and ripples from it would likely last centuries but, sometimes, I wonder if it will come to that.

2. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

I'm less concerned with the "how do you pay for it" and more concerned with the end game.

How does "victory" over radical Muslims look? Do we kill enough of them that the rest just agree to stop doing crazy things?

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Hey dummy, are you looking to take the top spot now that Devil is only posting in the land of misfit toys?

You excerpted, and bolded my post, but you didn't read it very closely.

I did not say in that post that we should confront Islamists. I said some are not outraged enough to confront (i.e. acknowledge) how evil they are.

4. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Oh, so you don't necessarily think we should confront Islamists, yet are bothered that "some" aren't outraged enough to confront? I don't think you even know what hell you were trying to say.

And please tell me who this "some" is. Because everyone I know seems pretty damn outraged and sees this stuff as evil. I haven't seen you showing any unique willingess to confront ISIS that others lack. Hell, you can't even articulate anything specific that you think we should do, and instead speak only in generalities. So why aren't you a member of the "some"? Just because of some phony and vague message board bluster?

5. sportbook

sportbook Member

Thank you. I saw the still photo on Twitter by accident. Wish I hadn't.

6. YankeeFan

You're dumber than I thought.

You use words for a living. I was hoping you could understand them.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I couldn't agree more.

Keyword: World. The fact of the matter is most Arab leaders do not want ISIS to gain support any more than Western states do. It's high-time for all parties to band together to do whatever it takes to end this ethnic cleansing.

8. It is interesting that links to photos of a dead Ernie Pyle are kosher.

9. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I understood you perfectly. But what you said was nothing but empty bunk.

You made a vague generalized claim that people weren't outraged enough to confront the evil of these groups. Yet you appear wholly incapable of explaining how that is so, or identifying who the alleged people are, or providing any sort of evidence or coherent explanation to back the claim.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

what ISIS is doing is similar to what has gone on in Africa. Mass rape, genocide, ritual torture. kidnapping children. And it does call for a World Wide Response. which will never happen. China doesn't care, as a national policy, what goes on elsewhere in the world. Russia only acts in its capitalistic self interest.

This calls for a biblical repsonse. 40 days and nights of US reducing islamic terrorist lands to glass. Destruction of all means of egress and entrance into Syria and Iraq, within the borders of those countries. Arming the Kurds and let them get medeival on the Sunnis and Shiites.

11. YankeeFan

Don't anybody look at, or link to, the New York Post front cover.

12. YankeeFan

POOL REPORT: "Obama stepped to a podium and delivered his remarks… Afterward, the motorcade drove to the Vineyard Golf Club."

https://twitter.com/DylanByers/statuses/502144439272611840

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.