1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Journalist James Foley executed by ISIS

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Aug 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

They definitely upped the production quality on this one. Not the old grainy stuff we're used to.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Muhammad Karim, one of the soldiers, said that when they arrived at the first abandoned militant checkpoint, they discovered a woman, naked and bound, who had been repeatedly raped. Farther into the neighborhood, the Iraqi forces discovered another woman in the same state.

“ISIS are bad people,” he said, standing beside a demolished compound that hugged the road. “They are raping girls.”

Stories of women kidnapped by the militants have filtered through various minority communities, but Mr. Karim’s firsthand account, corroborated by colleagues interviewed separately, seemed to confirm the troubling rumors.

http://nyti.ms/1pZcyV1

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Is it not time for the world to step in? How is ISIS not committing "crimes against humanity"?

I don't say this lightly: This shit is Hitler-esque.

4. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Problem is the word is friggin exhausted of this shit. Nobody wants anything to do with going back into Iraq.

5. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Guess they won then, huh?

6. old_tony

Argue all you want about previous forays into Iraq. This is unlike any or those and is not directed at a country or the leader of a country. This would be akin to going after the Mafia or the Outlaws.

7. The public really does not care about stopping atrocities abroad if it doesn't affect American interests in a significant manner.

8. old_tony

Yup. Pretty sure soldiers didn't "want" to storm the beach at Normandy, either.

9. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Apparently, you can do whatever you want in Iraq because the United States and other so-called leaders are tired.

"Sure, there's evil there, but it's such a bummer. Let's talk about something else!"

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

PLEASE READ

I'll say this once and once only. And it's actually "We'll" since I know I have backing from the others.

We are not going to be a site that shows or links to this video. Period. I don't care if it's a link to a homepage of a site that houses the video and you can easily search it and *poof* there it is. That's just like posting it here.

No dice.

Do. Not. Link. To. The. Video. In. Any. Fashion.

Please.

If you really want to see it, there are other means than through this site to find the video. This is obviously a big and sensitive topic. We're allowing discussion (within reason). But posting the video or links where you can watch it? Nope. Not gonna happen.

We thank you for your attention to this matter.

11. old_tony

Not too tired to chase a little white ball around a course, though.

12. old_tony

I thank you for this. I do not want to see this at all. I don't want to give those bastards the satisfaction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.