1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Journalist James Foley executed by ISIS

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Aug 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

He hasn't been awful. He's actually been quite good. I know greatness was expected from him, and maybe expectations were a little too high, but he's been considerably better than his predecessor.

All I know is that I don't have to worry about pre-existing conditions torpedoing my health insurance, the stock market has nearly doubled since it's Recession low, and, oh yeah, the guy who killed 3,000 Americans on our soil is now dead himself. Pretty damn good right there.

2. BenPoquette

BenPoquette Active Member

You still spouting about an "illegal war?" I love this...you complain of "empty sloganeering" and, in the same post, talk about how Bush "illegally invaded that country based on purported reasons that turn out to be complete bullshit at best, and blatant outright lies at worst." You don't realize how sad and stupid you are. And, yes, this is Obama's fault because his dumb ass pulled everyone out of Iraq with no one left behind. He left the country to the savages and hit the golf course. But keep hating on the last guy while making every excuse for the current guy...you know, the one that is "transparent." Idiot.

3. BenPoquette

BenPoquette Active Member

The sad part is that you are ignorant enough to believe this. I could go through the litany of crimes and constitutional tramples by Hopey Changey, but you made up your mind about him sometime around 2007 and stopped thinking. I guess it is easier to let the DNC think for you. Useful idiot.

4. Baron Scicluna

How much did Laura Bush's five trips to Africa cost?

5. Baron Scicluna

Wait a minute, I'm confused here. So Bin Laden is still alive? The Dow isn't at 15,000 or whatever it is? Pre-existing conditions are still an excuse for insurance companies?

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

You really believe that? Seriously? I was actually starting to think you were capable of rational, independent thought and not another brain-dead Obama sycophant.

Guess I was wrong.

7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

It's like arguing with a child, which is why it's a fool's errand.

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Butters, you're pissing all over your shoes again.

9. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

You're a moron. And everything I said happens to be true. Yes, it was very much an illegal war under international law. And, yes, the purported reasons for the illegal invasion--"WMDs pointed right at us!!"--did indeed turn out to be complete bullshit. And, yes, all of this horrible hideous shit happening there now is a direct consequence of us having done that.

You don't wanna hear it? Tough shit. If you're gonna try to blame it on the current president who merely inherited the mess, then it's more than fair to point out what actually caused it. Simply stating the truth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.