1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Journalism is no longer the worst job in America!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, Apr 17, 2014.

1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

We're now the second-worst! All reigns have to end some time. :(

http://www.businessinsider.com/10-worst-jobs-of-2014-2014-4

The new worst job in America is fitting, since it was featured at the end of one of the worst television finales in America:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Jackyl thinks this is bullshit.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

My great-great grandfather, a lumber tycoon, died in 1891 with a fortune worth over $3,000,000.

http://www.westegg.com/inflation/infl.cgi

:eek: :eek:

Unfortunately, I never saw a dime of it. I went into NEWSPAPERS!! :-X :-X

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

You should go back to that forest and claim rights to the trees. The Bundy Militia will be there backing you.

5. Starman

Funny, a lot of value of his estate was thousands of acres of forest land, much of it now part of national forests.

I better just hope the Ojibwe and Chippewa Indians aren't there to meet me with guns blazing.

6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

If it's in da U.P., the only people you'll see will be hunters poaching deer and pot heads growing marijuana on your great-great-grandpa's land. ;)

7. Starman

Yeah, a lot of it is up there. I want my countree back!!!

I'd be perfectly willing to set up a sharecropping arrangement for the dope growers. ;) ;)

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Can I have some pot?

9. Starman

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I figured journalism would be somewhere between the guy who cleans up roadkill, the guy who empties port-a-potties, fluffer and assistant crack whore.

11. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

My great-great-great grandfather left Quebec in the late 1800s to cut trees in the UP. Maybe he worked for your dad, Starman. I still have UP relatives who work as lumberjacks. And they're OK.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I want to know where garbage collectors make $22K. They make at least 3X that in every city I've ever lived in. Maybe they're talking about ones who don't work for the city.

Fire fighter is a great job if you do it in a small city. My wife's uncle has been retired since his early 50s and will pull in $60K a year until he dies. My neighbor just retired at 52 and is in a similar situation. The ones in big cities? That's a brutal job.

Draft saved Draft deleted