1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Journalism as defined by a St. Louis newscast

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Lotterys4suckers, Apr 28, 2012.

1. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

Made it 35 seconds. That was awful.

2. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Her bosses/coworkers and 80 percent of her viewers probably think she behaved perfectly appropriate for that piece. Sad, but oh well.

If I was in charge there, I would have a bigger problem with the other station employee (a cameraman?) being kind of a dick when some people criticized the piece on the story comments.

3. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Cool story, doodah.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

If he didn't, he should have.

5. buzzerbeater

buzzerbeater Member

Journalist should forever be removed from this woman's job title.

7. Max Mercy

Max Mercy Member

See Darren Rovell and Kate Upton. Though, just like with the Freese piece, whether the "reporter" is a "journalist" is very much up for debate.

8. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

Some STL radio station used this tagline and added "...then rolls over and smokes a cigarette" as a dig about 15 years ago.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

The NBC affiliate in Phoenix used to say "12 stands for local news." I always wondered if that meant they sat down when it was nation/world news.

10. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

What are the best TV news operations outside the Top 25 or 50?

11. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I can assure you none of the stations I have worked for!

12. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Mine is pretty damn good and, often times, I am very proud of the work we do and our place in the community. But I know we are a rarity in this declining age.

Draft saved Draft deleted