1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Journalism as defined by a St. Louis newscast

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Lotterys4suckers, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Lotterys4suckers

Lotterys4suckers New Member

But see, there's a difference between filler and inappropriately flirting with a Major League Baseball player. There's also a difference between filler and bringing your best friend onto the show. Especially since this woman claims to be a serious journalist in the mold of Katie Couric.

2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I just don't think it's worth outrage and that is simply because I don't think that show is worth "outraging" about. It "fills black" in the middle of the day.

If this were a news anchor/sports reporter, it's worth the outrage. This is more of a "meh" in my eyes.

3. Lotterys4suckers

Lotterys4suckers New Member

Her resume says shes a multimedia journalist, so yeah I think it's worth the outrage.

4. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

6. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Just saw her resume...she's about a 1999 or 2000 grad of Mizzo? That means she is like, ...35? Act like a professional woman "on the job"...not a tween with her crush.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I should have KNOWN she'd like Black Eyed Peas.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

She listed one of her interest on Facebook as "texting," so there's that. Apparently, she should add "squeeing"

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Got 12 seconds into it... unwatchable...

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Also spelled Super Bowl as one word on her resume.

11. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

How does the reporter handle high school golf highlights?

12. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted