1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Journalism as defined by a St. Louis newscast

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Lotterys4suckers, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Lotterys4suckers

Lotterys4suckers New Member

Female newscaster has to do a package on going on an amusement park ride with David Freese, so naturally she acts like a giddy schoolgirl.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/318066/71/David-Freese-rides-Mr-Freeze-roller-coaster-at-Six-Flags

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Man, she's got some guns.

3. Lotterys4suckers

You gotta love the commenters, especially her co-worker defending this piece of shit package.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Of course it's red meat for a St. Louis TV station to ride the coattails of the World Series hero. Whenever I'm back home and watch KSDK, they seem to do a decent amount of serious reporting, seemingly more so than the stations where I live now. But they always seem to throw a cheeseball or two out there.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Always like to put the shoe on the other foot. If a male anchor had gushed over a female hottie in a similar manner, the various women's rights group would be playing the disrespect card so quickly ...

6. JamieMertz13

JamieMertz13 New Member

I'm embarrassed for everyone involved in this, especially David Freese. He's a good sport through the entire thing, but appears very uncomfortable.

7. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Definitely not journalism. I'm fairly familiar with the market and that show is not a newscast -- it's filler. Local filler where they can sell "value-added" commercial spots. ("Hey, if you buy a slot in our five p.m., we'll throw in a package for Show Me St. Louis on the house").

8. Lotterys4suckers

This is the first news report I've ever heard that utilized the word "bestie."

9. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

that was pretty sickening

10. boundforboston

boundforboston Well-Known Member

Wow.

EDIT: Did anyone else notice this was a Gannett news organization?

11. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

This crosses every line ever, even for a morning news talk show. Also, no, I do not think you're pretty. Your friend, on the other hand ...

12. SellOut

SellOut Member

Just another fine product of the University of Missouri Journalism program

http://julietristan.com/work_resume

Draft saved Draft deleted