1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Journal Register may reduce print frequency

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by boundforboston, Sep 20, 2012.

1. boundforboston

boundforboston Well-Known Member

http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/business-news/the-biz-blog/189016/journal-register-likely-to-reduce-print-to-three-days-a-week-at-some-papers/

2. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

Greeeeat - That a-hole Paton, the self-proclaimed savior of our industry, is drawing inspiration from the Newhouse a-holes. Just wonderful.

3. Drip

Drip Active Member

I have a feeling this will be the new trend if the NOLA, Mobile, Birmingham, Huntsville experiment works. I think the first quarter of 2013 will be a crossroads of sorts for this industry.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I think the second will make the difference.
    The markets with the 3-day a week publications are in football crazy markets. So any kind of numbers might be skewed. It's what happens in the three months after football and the reaction in the second quarter of 2013 in Alabama and NOLA that will bear watching.

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

I was thinking the same thing but I'm factoring in greed and the desire for instant positive returns.

Draft saved Draft deleted