1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Josh Smith signs offer sheet with Grizzlies

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JakeandElwood, Aug 8, 2008.

1. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3525609

The Hawks have to match, right?
    As for the Grizzlies, how does this make sense? Gay plays the same position, right?

2. dargan

dargan Active Member

Yes, Hawks MUST match this. If Atlanta fails to match the offers, nobody should show up for the home opener in November.

Memphis has been so bad that if they have a chance to get a player of Smith's caliber, they do it, no matter if they already have a guy at that spot.

3. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

Hawks matched....that was quick. Atlanta had to match under any circumstance, I guess Memphis offered just to get it over with.

4. dargan

dargan Active Member

I guess all those Hawks fans can show up then.

5. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

That whole Childress mess was unbelievable. He's an underrated player, a nice guy, a multi-position talent who rebounds, defends and shoots 55 percent, and you waffle until he leaves the country? It's just sad.

6. dargan

dargan Active Member

Same old, same old from Hawks management, whether it's the same folks or not.

7. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

I don't know if it's waffling so much as there's no way in hell you pay him what he's making in Greece. The Greeks want to pay him that much, you say have a gyro and smile.

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I was shocked the Grizz offered anyone any semi-serious money. They've been busy dumping payroll trying to make them easier to sell to a new owner.

Draft saved Draft deleted