1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Josh Hancock family to sue

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by The Rules of Golf, May 24, 2007.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Actually, that's part of the Missouri Driver's Education booklet. Rule 47.5 clearly states "You are not allowed to let your car break down on the highway, just in case a drunk Cardinals pitcher might be talking on his cell phone while driving on same highway."

2. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Anyone wonder why lawyers get a bad rep sometimes?

I hereby submit this case as Exhibit A.

I understand the Hancock's are angry and upset and looking for some avenue to vent said anger.

But, shouldn't these lawyers, sitting with an impartial, unemotional view, explain to them that there is no merit to such a case.

Instead, it's eyes filled with dollar signs and ambulance chasing at its finest.

Fuckers. i'd like to see them get countersued on this.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

It is also the home of Leonard Little, you know...

4. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

ya never know FB.......nothing surprises me anymore. Maybe they'll have a jury full of Cards fanboy loosers and wives of middle relief pitchers.

5. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

And the auto maker that made the car.....and the woman he was talking to on the phone.....and the companies that built and paved the highway......sheesh.

6. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I think they should sue the entire country of Colombia -- the place where his weed was grown. ::)

7. You've got some nice assumptions/generalities here. You KNOW that they're looking for some avenue to vent? You KNOW the lawyers' eyes are filled with dollar signs?

8. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

OK, I'll bite. Please present an argument to the point that this is a righteous suit.

9. No, I don't have an argument one way or the other, I'm just saying that dude's assumptions were just that — assumptions.

My thought is that the suit is dumb and won't work out well.

10. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

What is wrong with people?

If anything, the towtruck people should sue for destruction of property since he was drunk. But obviously they have better taste than to sue the family of a dead guy.

DUH.

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Isn't there a county in Mississippi that's notorious for this type of lawsuit, and for other personal-injury lawsuits that, on the surface, appear to have no legitimacy whatsoever?

Draft saved Draft deleted