1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Josh Hamilton sticks it to Rangers, fans again

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dog eat dog world, Feb 19, 2013.

1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Rangers' day-in-day-out fandom skews heavily Tarrant-wise (Arlington and Fort Worth). In that sense Dallas isn't a baseball town.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Is in inaccurate to say most people in Dallas care more about the Cowboys than the Rangers?

3. doctorquant

No, not at all. Probably true across the Dallas–Fort Worth–Arlington Metropolitan Statistical Area ... doesn't mean the area's "not a baseball town," though.

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I wonder how Josh Hamilton will feel about his new basketball town.

5. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

YOU KEEP MY NAME OUT YOUR MOUTH, DOG

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'd say unless you're playing in St. Louis, you're not playing in a "true baseball town."

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Boston and Chicago might have something to say about that.

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

New York, too.

9. doctorquant

In all seriousness, as much as I enjoyed watching Hamilton play lo these many years, he needs to STFU (and that advice goes double for his wife). He got booed maybe twice, both toward the end of a very disappointing season when he looked to be mailing it in. I wouldn't have booed him, but I wasn't surprised by it. Now he seems to be doing this post hoc rationalization about why he went to the Angels, as if he's trying to convince people that money/contract duration really weren't factors.

10. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

New York is an everything town. There are more people who like any given sport in New York than who like the same sport in any other city in this country.

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

IMO, Hamilton's not at all wrong to claim Dallas isn't a baseball town.

Keeping it to himself might have been better for all.

Seriously doubt the Stars' Stanley Cup registered a ripple compared to any Lombardi Trophy the Cowboys brought back to the Metroplex.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Dallas is not a baseball town, but booing someone doesn't mean you're not a baseball fan.

Draft saved Draft deleted